Thursday, August 31, 2006

Moonpowder-the arrival


Well, here is my last post for August. This is a painting I just finished for my picture book "Moonpowder".
Only 18 paintings to go! I am hoping to finish it by the end of the year, and I will continue to post the paintings as I complete them.
I also saw that Jon Muth will be speaking at Books of Wonder on Thursday September 7th from 4-6. I am hoping to go to that. I am a big fan of his work. If you don't know his work, he is a former graphic novelist who does amazing watercolors. He has created some beautiful picture books including; Come On Rain, Stone Soup, The Three Questions, and Zen Shorts. He will be signing his new book, wherein he illustrated poems edited by Caroline Kennedy.

2 comments:

Adam Ford said...

I love this. Reminds me of Winsor McCay, which in every way is one of the best compliments I can think of. I will definitely be on the lookout for more.

Anonymous said...

I knew Jon Muth 15 years ago. Mr. Duplicity. He finally stopped stealing from Jeffrey Jones after driving him insane.

Your work is infinitely more interesting.