Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bryant Park

Yesterday I had the extreme pleasure of doing a book reading in Bryant Park. It was part of the Children's Book Week celebration hosted by the Children's Book Council. I was thrilled to be introduced by one of my favorite authors...the Ambassador of Children's books, Jon Scieszka.
Greg Foley read from his "Thank You Bear" and "Don't Worry Bear" books, and Jack Lechner read from his very funny "Mary Had a Little Lamp" illustrated by the talented Bob Staake.
It was a fun day in the park and I was joined by my wife and daughter and a bunch of friends. My daughter was excited to hang out with Curious George and Clifford the Big Red Dog, but she was really enthralled with the man in the Lion costume. (I don't know what book he was from) After we all went to the Oyster Bar in Grand Central station to celebrate the Day before Mother's Day!

No comments: